Thursday 5 October 2017

Fill your heart with Christmas

Hello blog friends. This card was supposed to be for last week's sketch challenge over at the LIM challenge. However, I never made it in time.


As this week the theme is watercolour, I thought that they might work for this week as the background was made with sparkle pens spritzed with water.


Stamps and dies are all from Sheena Douglass perfect partners range. I coloured lights in using sakura glaze pens as this makes them glossy and they look more realistic.


These lights do take me back in time when I was little and we had these lights on our tiny Christmas tree. Hence the sentiment as they made me somewhat emotional.


The pictures don't do them justice as in real life they are uber sparkly. Also, you might be wondering why I added the background. That would be to hide the smudges, lol!


So I'm hoping that I won't get told off again this week. Hugs, Theresa xx


I would like to enter these cards into the following challenges:

Less is more - watercolour


14 comments:

  1. Wow...this is so pretty. I love how it looks so dimensional! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree lights look great with the glossy lights using the Sakura Glaze pens, and the sparkle pens spritzed with water work beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have managed to get some great sparkle and gloss on those lights Theresa. I'm swooning at your background - it kind of looks like a really artistic photograph where they make everything blurred - incredible water colouring. Thanks so much for letting us see this at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card, Theresa. Love that background and those lights really do bring back memories of the light decorations from my childhood too.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card, Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

    Hugs
    Meena HLS WC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those lights look amazingly real! I am awestruck! Beautiful background colours. Love it! Thank you for joining us at Less is More. Trina :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic idea to use the glaze pens Theresa - it really makes the lights look so realistic. Lovely card.
    Thanks for sharing at Happy Little Stampers.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete