Sunday 6 August 2017

orchids

Hello, my friends. This card was inspired by a card I saw on Papercraft inspirations magazine and was made using the free stamps that came with it.



I must confess that I love orchids and I find the flowers fascinating. Back to the card. I stamped 3 outline orchids in watering can archival ink and then added 3 leaves and buds.
I stamped 3 more orchids on a separate piece of card. I filled in the colour using the solid stamp and second generation love letter memento ink. The inner darker colour was stamped in 1st generation love letter ink.
I painted the buds with the same ink and a damp brush and for the leaves, I used ivy cottage ink.


I fussy cut the 3 flowers and overlayed onto the card to give a bit of dimension.
As for the sentiment, I used Sue Wilson Happy Birthday dies. The birthday is die cut directly onto the white card so that the base colour peeps through. The happy is done on kraft card so the white peeps through. I used kraft card for the base and added some pearls to finish off.
I must say I really like the way this card turned out, what do you think? Hugs, Theresa xx


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Simply Less is More - tropical fruit
Happy Little Stampers - watercolour challenge: anything goes optional twist - bloom
Happy Little Stampers - CAS challenge: bloom
Casology - juicy (colour of watermelon, apple)


19 comments:

  1. Splendidly tropical make

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card ! Love these beautiful orchids and your design ! Love how it looks over paper Kraft! Thanks for sharing and for playing along at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these orchids are very pretty Theresa, and I think since seeing what you have done with them I would have been unable to resist buying the magazine. I love the kraft card background and the pink, red and green of the flowers stands out beautifully against the white, also the die cut sentiment looks great. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE orchids. I have two little plants but never seem to be able to keep them alive.... poor things. I love these on the kraft background. Very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delightful spray of orchids and they are the most elegant bloom. Great to see you incorporate this with some tropical fruit colours to join our challenge at Less is More and thanks for playing at HLS CAS challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet flowers...just beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along with us at HLS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever way to interpret the cue! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Love the movement and the colors Theresa. So glad you joined us at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you used the fruit colours for your florals. I like how the shape draws your eye down to the sentiment too.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More and Happy Little Stampers, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, very pretty orchids! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at HLS Water Color Challenge.

    ReplyDelete