Thursday 13 October 2016

CAS mixed media card




Hello my friends. Back again with another card. This one came together quite quickly and I was quite pleased with the result.






It is a flat one layer card, but it still has a number of layers built in using the acrylic paints.


First layer was laid down using a brayer. I used Paperartsy fresco acrylic paints and chose several autumnal hues including cheesecake, tinned peas, chocolate pudding, pumpkin soup, beach hut, autumn fire, tango.


The next layer was put down with a make up sponge, hence adding more texture.
Finally I stamped with a texture stamp using the paints.


Once I was happy with the background I stamped the tulip n black archival ink, followed by the sentiment and then the small bunch of flowers.


I coloured them in with Spectrum Noir pencils and then added some white dots, with a sharpie pen, as highlights.



I stamped the background with a small flowerhead using antique linen distress ink.



Finally I added stickles to the centres of the small flowers and under the tulip. And lastly I added some sequins.




I tried to take several pics but they do not do it justice. It looks much brighter in real life.
The stamps are a JOFY set that is from Paperartsy as well.







I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Less is more - one layer card: dreams



18 comments:

  1. Theresa, you've done a super job of this. The layers of paint and stamping add the most amazing visual depth, and it's still a one layer card... wow! I love the autumn tones, so perfect for this time of year. Fab entry to our "dreams" challenge, thanks for playing along with us at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Esther. this style had been in my head for a while and finally I did it xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Card Theresa Love all the layers xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful card Theresa with a perfect and heart-warming sentiment. A brilliant take on our challenge and thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sarah. I do love that sentiment xx

      Delete
  4. These Jofy stamps are always so different and very pretty against that gorgeous background you have made Theresa. The colours are beautiful too. Have a lovely weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Pat. have a great weekend yourself xx

      Delete
  5. Love this card, so much dimension and layers, on a one layer card. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful sentiment, Theresa, and wow, that border you created is gorgeous! So much interest for a one layer card yet still plenty of lovely white space. Fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Anita. i was very careful to leave 'empty' space xx

      Delete
  7. This sentiment is simply wonderful... what a great find. your card is terrific too Theresa!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I like how the main image is also part of the frame to allow plenty of white space. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card .... beautiful design and I love the words. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so precious. I love the border of it.
    Thanks for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge.
    Good luck, Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very lovely! Love the sentiment and border. Thank you for playing along with HLS October Mixed Media Challenge.

    ReplyDelete