Wednesday 8 July 2015

in the garden.......

Hello and welcome back. Today I'm featuring a commissioned card. My brief was that she liked gardening and loved pastel colours.


So I could picture it in my head and I tried to put it down on paper. For some reason I immediately thought of a gatefold card.
This card is built around masking and there is a lot of it. So several post it notes were harmed in the process.


I started by stamping out all the images in black archival ink first. The stamps are all by Claritystamp Ltd.
I had 2 panels for the front and a square one for the insert.


On the first panel I stamped the wheel barrow, masked it and stamped the flowers. Then I stamped the cracked pots, gloves and trowel. I masked all the images off and worked on background. I used a torn sheet of copy paper for the grass and used brushes for the ink. I know I used distress inks and definitely tumbled glass, peeled paint, shabby shutters and abandoned coral. I'm sure there must be others but I don't remember.


This panel I tried to make a continuum with the other. This time I used the new pots, watering can and fork. I masked them off again to ink background. This time I added a mask for the sun as well.


Then it was time for insert. I stamped the barn with rolling fields in the back and the large wheel barrow at the front for perspective. I added the poppies right at the edge to add more depth. I masked and again inked background.


Then it was time to colour in. I used Spectrum Noir pencils for this. I do love those pencils. They are fab. I used several as I wanted to give dimension to the objects. I also added shading with the grey pencils.


Finally I went round the images with a black micron pen to frame them. I added sentiment in black archival. some matting and layering and then I mounted on white base card.


So i do hope you like my offering. I'm told the recipient did, Theresa xx

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Fan-Tastic Tuesday - anything goes with a twist: in the garden
Sister act Card Challenge - anything goes


38 comments:

  1. What a lovely 70th card lot of work went into this I'm sure your Mum will love it good luck on the clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. this wasn't for my mumm. and yes a lot of work went into it xx

      Delete
  2. Stunning use of these stamps with so much work and masking gone into this. And so suited for an older birthday. xxx Fantastic work Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 93 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card Theresa and a lot of work has gone into this. The elements on the panels have been put together so cleverly and the scenic backgrounds work really well. I'm sure the person that commissioned the card will be highly delighted with this as will the recipient. A wonderful challenge card. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card Theresa - I'm sure the mum who received it will cherish it! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card what a labour of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning. Perfect stamping and your shading is wonderful. A very lovely composition too. Another masterpiece from you Theresa. Thank you for sharing and I wish you all the best for the challenge. Hugs xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is a superb card it's very well done. Thank you for entering the challenge and the best of luck. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A true beauty Theresa, so lovely. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge again and the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A carefully planned and executed card. Every part of your design is good. A wonderful card. Good luck in the Claritystamp Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. oh thank you Barbara and for taking time to comment xx

      Delete
  12. Stunningly beautiful, Theresa. The amount of thought and work you have invested in your card has certainly paid off! Wishing you success in this month's Clarity Challenge. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card Theresa, such a lot of work has gone into this, and it was so worth every minute spent! Your colouring and shading is spot on.
    I'm sure your Mum will love it.
    Thank you for "how it came together" details too - it's always nice for crafters to share their techniques and great for all the newbies so that they can see how the more experienced achieve the final pieces :-)
    Good luck in this month's Challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Mrs P. it wasn't for my mum but a friend of mine's mum xx

      Delete
  14. Truly beautiful - why, each panel is a little masterpiece in itself!
    Good luck in the Clarity challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Card Theresa, each portion, lovely on its own, great masking and lovely colourings. thanks for entering and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your continued support Linda xx

      Delete
  16. What a stunning card Theresa with amazing masking. Must have taken you a while to get the beautiful effect you have. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge this month. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Angela. and yes it did. never finished it in one sitting xx

      Delete
  17. This is so gorgeous . It takes a lot of courage for me to post my meter attempts at a card after I see all the beautiful art work but I'll just say the journey has to start somewhere and I'm enjoying myself with a new hobby .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Janice. yes you have to start somewhere and none of us start by being good. i shudder to think what my first cards looked like. it is an awesome hobby and it keeps me sane xx

      Delete
  18. Fantastic card Theresa... the details are amazing! Beautiful xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, what a work of art this is. I adore it. The stamping is just perfect, and the colouring is amazing, well done.
    Good luck with the Clarity Challenge.
    Hugs
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete