Sunday 29 March 2015

my take on Bokeh and Easter ....

Hello there. Recently there has been a lot of artwork featuring the Bokeh technique. So I decided to try my hand at it. This is my take on it. These were inspired by a tutorial on Barbara Gray's blog.



For a change I remembered to take a pic of everything I used in the making, so it is easier to see what colours I used.



I started with 4 pieces of white card which I inked with the 4 colours of distress. I then used the large and small feather and stamped randomly using same inks. I then dried them well with a heat gun.



Next I stamped the branch and the small blue tits in black archival and coloured them with spectrum noir pencils.


Now I used a stencil called Jo's bubbles and inked snowcap ink through it. I know that usually people tend to do this before stamping main image, but I actually liked the effect this created.


Lastly I stamped the greeting and matted and layered on complimentary card.

All stamps and stencil are from Claritystamp.

I really hope you like my take on Bokeh, Theresa xx


I would like to link these cards to the following challenges:

Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Easter card
TTCRD - anything goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - anything goes
Sunday stamper - things that fly



26 comments:

  1. Very pretty! A beautiful stamp to go over the lovely Bokeh background too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Theresa! Super artwork! I love love love the colours you have used! Xxx brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Theresa. I love them. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Theresa, love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're fab Theresa. Really eye-catching. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful Theresa really lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your twist on the Bokeh effect, Wonderful, love the rainbow of colours used as well, really well done x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are stunning Theresa, I love this technique and the stamp you've used is superb with it, gorgeous colours too xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! You have inspired me to try this technique. Thank you for teaching me something new =) Thank you for sharing with us at Through the Craft Room Door. We'd love to see you again next week.
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Tina. Now I'm teaching too! Xx

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous cards Theresa, such beautiful backgrounds with an adorable cute image !!

    Thanks so much for joining with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are really good at it Theresa this is lovely. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sam. it is my take on it rather than what it should be xx

      Delete
  12. Ain't a clue what the technique is but I loves your card... gorgeousness indeedily..... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Hels can't believe I know some technique you don't!. thank you xx

      Delete