Thursday 23 October 2014

happy Diwali 2

Following on from yesterday this is part 2 of the Diwali cards.

 

This first card started its life as a piece of white card which i inked with warm distress inks. I then stamped the arches from the India set by Sheena Douglass in potting soil archival. I stamped some random circles from the circle luster set from Designs by Ryn in red geranium.


I then stamped the sentiment n word chains by Claritystamp and embossed in brown tinsel.


I made sure it was all dry before I stamped the paisleys from the India set as I thought it worked well as the light used for this festival. I embossed it in sparkly gold. I added flames and some fireworks freehand and embossed in sparkly gold. Finally I lifted some colour off from the flowers to add some contrast.


Card 2 is again inked with distress inks and the background stamped with the circle cluster stamps from designs by Ryn. I then stamped some single circles and embossed in brown tinsel. i relly think that these circles easily double up as fireworks.


I then stamped sentiment from the word chains by Claritystamp and embossed with mica boss and added gilding flakes. They didn'y pop as much as i expected so I outlined them with a black micron pen and this did the trick.


I went round outer edge of base card with double sided tape and gilded it again. The topper was matted on corresponding colours and gemms added to centres of 'fireworks'.


So I do hope you like my offerings for todayas much as I enjoyed making them, Theresa xx




2 comments:

  1. Lovely warm cards Theresa! I just looked up Diwali and discovered that it is a festival of light. Thank you for educating me. It sounds wonderful. Just like your cards :)

    ReplyDelete