Monday 7 April 2014

travel ....... journey....

My nephew will be 16 yrs old next week. How time flies....I remember the day my brother called me to say Malcolm was born like it was yesterday.


So as he is now a young man I had to think about what card to make. Then I remembered I had bought a set of small travel stamps by Tim Holtz and decided to use them.
So I started by creating the film strip which is a Clarity stencil. I inked it with frayed burlap and passed it through embossing machine to transfer ink. I then embossed it.


Next I stamped the three images in vintage photo distress ink and dried it with heat gun and then pulled some colour out with a wet brush. I then inked lightly with brushes and antique linen and old paper to cut through the whiteness and distress card and added some detail in backgrounds like birds, hills and trees. I also added the vertical lines on strip using an edge of a stamp and pumice stone DI.
I ripped one end of strip and then darkened edges with walnut stain and matted it on taupe card.


It was time to turn to base card. Using many of the other stamps in set and various shades of brown DI i stamped them randomly all over. I also added some more detail from other TH stamps I have. They are all miniature ones. I blitzed it quickly with a heat gun and added some TH sentiments in black archival ink.


I then stamped and clear embossed celebrate your birthday from the Clarity word chains. I then stuck the strip with foam pads and embellished with some TH ideology. I don't think it's easy to see but one of the pieces actually has 16 on it.


And there you have it. The travel card for my nephew. I hope you like it as i hope he will, Theresa xx


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Fussy and Fancy Challenge - all about travel

Simon says Stamp Monday challenge - journey





9 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful male card, Theresa good luck with the Fussy & Fancy Challenge xx Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Theresa, I love this Card. So well done and thought out. Wish you the very best in your challenges. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab card Theresa! Love the background and such a great idea to put the car etc in the film strip, brilliant! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant card Theresa, I love everything about it, the stencil, the stamps and a great use of colour tones. A real card to keep and treasure. Thanks so much for sharing it with us and entering the Fussy and Fancy Challenge....good luck....Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This us fabulous Theresa I love it and I am sure your nephew does xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous travel themed card! The film strip is brilliant ! Love it! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a nice project. The style is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete