Tuesday 15 April 2014

flamin' wings

Today's offering uses the stamps that came with creative stamper magazine issue 16. I started with a piece of centura pearl and using the matte side i inked the background using ombre' technique with distress inks. I used persimmon. spiced marmalade, dried marigold, wild honey and scattered straw.


Then i brayered over with wet elastic bands and after afew secnds blotted with kitchen towel. This creates the streaky background.


Using orange blossom archival ink i stamped the nest and sentiment. Using a wet brush I bleached some colour from eggs and flowers and some leaves. Then I added clear wink of stella tp eggs and butterfly.


 I then stamped bird randomly using the distress inks. i also added the music .

 To add some more interest and texture to background, I inked through a Tim Holtz stencil with versamark and clear embossed in opposite corners.



 




I matted it on a piece of Tim Holtz 6x6 co'ordinations card and stuck dome ribbon on base card that was 7x7. I finished card off with flowers and leaves from Sweet lilac flowers.


I hope you like my creation and remember that i love to read your comments, Theresa xx

As I have used several oranges I would like to enter it into the following challenges:

Sunday Stamper - Eternal Flame
Simon Says Monday Stamper  - Winged things


                                

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous colour choice, must try the bleaching technique looks so effective xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Theresa , gorgeous colour, great background and loving the stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful and such great colours....x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Theresa, love the rich vibrant colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Theresa... loving the ombre you did... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You absolutely area Queen of Fancy Techniques! I couldn't believe it when I read your post and saw that you'd hand-created that ombre effect! It looks so pro and I was very impressed with how well you blended those colors. I also thought the rubber band technique you described was quite genius! You combined this color palette with the images so masterfully and the end result is stunning. I love how the flowers give it that pop of dimension, too. Really lovely piece and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. didn't know i was queen of anything..... but now i do xx

      Delete
  7. Wonderful creation! love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete