Wednesday 12 March 2014

easter tag 2

Today i have another tag on offer. This has been inspired by Tim Holtz tags of 2014. I read the blog and thought.....I wonder if i could make something like that?


So I tried and this was the result. I used Clarity stamps feather, nest and sentiment. All the stamping was done with distress inks; walnut stain for nest and sentiment and mustard seed, peacock feathers and weathered wood for feather.


The background pattern is done through a stencil using the distress pens and spritzer contraption and then I sponged through with a make-up sponge to sharpen edges and use ink left on stencil. 


I inked around edges to darken them and then drew a stitched pattern all around with walnut stain distress marker. I added some ideology twine and a metal embellie from my stash which i spritzed in tan mister huey first and went over with patina gilding wax.


The ribbon is inked american seam binding using same inks as on feather.
I hope you like my effort, Theresa xx.

I would like to enter this into following challenges:



8 comments:

  1. Pretty Tag I can see the TH influence....Lovely colours you have used and I like the embellie and the wax over it. xxxx Clever girl T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures don't do it justice ..really beautiful in the flesh xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love the idea of making a tag each month twist on TH tags. The Claity stamps work well and the colours are gorgeous ... I feel inspired to give it a go myself .. xxx Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty tag... love the soft effects... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Theresa, with such a fabulous end result...x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty tag!! The composition is wonderful and I adore the Spring theme. That little egg is pretty cute, too! I think that you captured the essence of Tim's tag, while making it "you". Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete