Saturday 8 February 2014

valentine's ..... love and romance at Claritystamp challenge....

Well it is February and valentine's day is round the corner. It is also the theme for the new Claritystamp challenge. This was a commissioned card that I made some time ago (I was being organized lol).



I wanted to create a flower with the heart so as not to just have a heart stamp in usual way.
The other challenge I set myself was to use as few stamps as possible and in fact i only used 2.

I started by stamping the Arty heart from Clarity stamp in black archival 4 times on red bazzill basics card, forming a sort of 4 clover leaf, and embossed it in stardust powder.
Next i repeated the process on shrink plastic and after I heated it I did not flatten it to give it some dimension. 


On a piece of theuva card I stamped the sentiment that had originally accompanied the heart all over the card in versamark and brushed white perfect pearls all over.... you can see it in the pics if you squint.
Then i stamped the corners using the heart in all 4 corners.


 Then I mounted the hearts in centre adding a black pearl. Some matting and layering and the card was ready. Finished card was 8x8.
The insert very simply said 'with Love' but i forgot to take a pic so there is my love link for the challenge over the Claritystamp challenge which is love and romance.

The person who asked for this was really pleased with it. I hope you like it as much as he did, Theresa x

ps comments always well received..... :)




6 comments:

  1. Theresa, this is beautiful. Such clever use of the stamps and I love how you did the center of the flower. Wonderful detail. Thanks for entering the challenge and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card Theresa....and a clever way of using the stamp....Thank you for your continued support in our Clarity Challenge,,,I do love to see your work....have a great day...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is fab- u - lous dahling xx good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa I adore this flower - the shrink plastic centre sets it off so well. Good luck in the Clarity Challenge and thanks so much for entering x

    ReplyDelete