Thursday 15 August 2013

Fussy and fancy challenge entry



This weeks challenge was a bingo board. I chose Blue, Free(stamped image), button. Well I nearly included all board as I have ribbon, pearls and green in there!

I started by cutting tag 20x9 cm, I used centura pearl card. Then using Sheena Douglas' Christmas stamps, i stamped sentiments in versamark on upper third of tag and embossed with stardust stampendous embossing powder. Then using distress inks, a brush and some water I covered the whole tag. I started with tumbled glass, shaded lilac, peeled paint and finally chipped sapphire to darken the upper end. I stamped the farmhouse image from same set of stamps in black archival and again used the 2 blue distress inks with water to 'paint' image. I used white acrylic paint to paint in snow. I added some ribbon and a few pearls and the tag was ready.

Next I prepared the acetate pocket. I used heat resistant acetate and stamped borders with versamark on a piece measuring 11x11cm. I embossed with white embossing powder. I used the thin super sticky tape to stick it down on navy blue base card. I could put a line on bottom behind stamped border, on upper side i put 2 little pieces under the 2 hearts on the side. The button is there to hide another bit of sticky tape. The button is a wooden one that I triple embossed in silver embossing powder.

The tag then fits inside the pocket and voila' it's another Christmas card done.


All for now, Theresa xx

4 comments: